Ploughman's spikenard (Inula conyzae) is plant of the downlands that is easily overlooked, not because it is small, because it isn't, but because it looks a bit like a ragwort that has gone over. It grows on calcareous soils on wasteland, grassland and scrub and so will be found on the Purbeck Ridge and along the cliffs where the earth is, perhaps, a bit bare.
In the REFERENCE section of the Nature of Dorset you can:
- Find species information with photos, maps, etc
- Access Identification tools for birds, flora and trees
- Find information about nature reserves and hotspots
- Access information about Sites of special scientific interest
- Learn about the wildlife habitats of Dorset